Saturday, June 06, 2009

48 Hour Book Challenge - Update 2

Moving right along this morning, this is where I find myself.
Time Reading - 8:30 -11:30 (3 hours)
Books Read - A Taste for Red by Lewis Harris and nearly half of The Robe of Skulls: The First Tale From the Five Kingdoms by Vivian French
Time Blogging - 5 minutes
I will be blog a bit later about these books, but let me just say that A Taste for Red was a lot of fun. Here's an excerpt.
"There's something wrong about Ms. Larch. I can't explain it, but I know it. I knew it the moment I stepped into her classroom." I didn't want to go overboard, but the words came spilling out. "She's just strange. The way she looks and acts. The way she dresses. It's like she's some kind of alien fashion model."

"Hey, you don't have to lose a beauty contest to be a science teacher. I like looking at Ms. Larch a lot more than I ever liked looking at Mr. Boyd--although he was definitely funnier."

Boys are so limited.
More about this book later, as well as some thoughts about Robe of Skulls when I am finished. For now I am now officially off the clock.

Did you know that it's FREE ICE CREAM DAY at Friendly's? That's right, you get one free scoop between 12 and 5. William and I are going out to lunch and then for some ice cream. I also promised to help him rearrange his room this weekend. So, I have 8 hours under my belt. That will suffice until later this afternoon when I can get back to it. I hope those of you reading are enjoying the time. I sure am having fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment