Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A Poetry Stretch Comment

If you're working on your abecedarian poem, there is no need to restrict it to single words. That was the example used, but there are many fine poems that do not do this. Take for example these two double abecedarians by Julie Larios over at The Drift Record.

I'm thinking summer, so my poem is shaping up this way.
August comes with
blazing sun, no
cooling breezes in these
dog days of summer.
Evening gives way to
flitting fireflies and star-
gazing on clear nights.
Hopeful skywatchers
I have no clue where it's going. I'll just have to follow where it leads. I hope you'll consider joining us for this week's stretch.

1 comment:

  1. I love summer!

    I had time to do the Poetry Stretch! Mine is An Abecedarian Love Song to My Hometown.

    I'll link in tomorrow after it goes up for Poetry Friday.

    ReplyDelete