Friday, October 16, 2009

Poetry Friday - Frost's October

It's fall and I'm reading Frost again.
October
by Robert Frost

O hushed October morning mild,
Thy leaves have ripened to the fall;
To-morrow’s wind, if it be wild,
Should waste them all.
The crows above the forest call;

Read the poem in its entirety while you listen to Frost read it.
The round up is being hosted by Laura Purdie Salas. Do stop by and take in all the great poetry being shared this week. Before you go, be sure to check out this week's poetry stretch results. Happy poetry Friday all!

7 comments:

  1. Thanks, Tricia - that is a lovely poem. Every time I read something by Frost, I think "I need to memorize that!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely...will share with students. I finished my things I love poem: http://maclibrary.edublogs.org/2009/10/16/poetry-friday-things-i-love-poem/

    ReplyDelete
  3. A perfect October poem. And thanks for the link to Robert Frost Out loud. I am trying to listen more poets reading their own work. It enriches the experience so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tricia,

    Beautiful October poem by Frost. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful and inspiring blog! I'm not a teacher,but aren't all mothers teachers to some degree? I found your blog because I love Miss Rumphius. It's a story that never fails to make me cry when I read to my children. Thanks for the beautiful Fall poetry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love to read Frost in the fall, too. "After Apple-Picking" is one of my all-time favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tricia, What a gorgeous poem about my favorite season. My favorite lines were:

    At noon release another leaf;
    One from our trees, one far away;
    Retard the sun with gentle mist;
    Enchant the land with amethyst.

    Yum.

    ReplyDelete