Saturday, April 24, 2021

NPM 2021 - Found Poem 24

Today's found poem comes from the New York Times article One of the World’s Oldest Science Experiments Comes Up From the Dirt, written by Cara Giaimo.

Up From the Dirt

under cover of darkness, waiting
a botanist’s version of buried treasure
constellation of sleeping seeds
biding their time
hiding out in the soil

seed and soil
sown and watered
expect tender green shoots

Poem ©Tricia Stohr-Hunt, 2021. All rights reserved.

I hope you'll come back tomorrow and see what new poem I've found. Until then, you may want to read previous poems in this series. I'm also sharing these found poems as images on my Instagram in case you want to see them all in one place. 
April 1 - Flotsam
April 2 - A Warm Wind
April 3 - Zentangle Poem
April 4 - Soap Bubbles
April 6 - Mount St. Helens
April 8 - Muir in California
April 9 - Night on the Reef
April 12 - Slow Thoughts
April 13 - Snowflake Bentley 
April 16 - One Well
April 17 - Phytoplankton 
April 18 - Beneath My Feet
April 19 - Being Caribou 
April 21 - Fossils
April 22 - On the Brink
April 23 - Surtsey

1 comment:

  1. My goodness I LOVE this. Of course the seeds are still viable - one indeed must EXPECT tender green shoots if one will sow and water!

    ReplyDelete