Sunday, April 14, 2024

NPM 2024 - Book Spine Poem 14

For National Poetry Month this year, I am perusing my bookshelves and building book spine poems.


Sky scrape, city scape
come with me
A city is
home to me
New York
Hello, hello!
Here I am 
home, sweet home

Poem ©Tricia Stohr-Hunt, 2024. All rights reserved.

Sources
  • Sky Scrape/City Scape: Poems of City Life by Jane Yolen, illustrations by Ken Condon 
  • Come With Me: Poems For a Journey by Naomi Shihab Nye, images by Dan Yaccarino
  • A City Is by Norman Rosten, illustrations by Melanie Hope Greenberg
  • Home to Me: Poems Across America, selected by Lee Bennett Hopkins, illustrations by Stephen Alcorn
  • New York (State Shapes) by Erik Bruun, illustrations by Rick Peterson
  • Hello Hello by Brendan Wenzel
  • Here I Am by Patti Kim, pictures by Sonia Sánchez
  • Home, Sweet Home: What Makes a House a Home? by Moira Butterfield, illustrations by Clair Rossiter
I hope you'll come back again to see what new poem I've cobbled together. You can find other poems I've written this month at the links below.

1 comment:

  1. At some point, I hope you will write a process post.

    Or maybe you are saving that for the BOOK YOU WILL WRITE IN WHICH THESE ARE COLLECTED ALONG WITH A MASSIVE BIBLIOGRAPHY!!!! (hint hint, sorry/not sorry for yelling)

    ReplyDelete