Friday, April 05, 2024

NPM 2024 - Book Spine Poem 5

Happy Poetry Friday! For National Poetry Month this year, I am perusing my bookshelves and building book spine poems.


How To Be a Butterfly

Step gently out
flutter and hum
you can fly!

Poem ©Tricia Stohr-Hunt, 2024. All rights reserved.

Sources
  • How To Be a Butterfly by Laura Knowles, pictures by Catell Ronca
  • Step Gently Out by Helen Frost, illustrations by Rick Lieder
  • Flutter & Hum: Animal Poems = Aleteo y zumbido: Poemas de Animales by Julie Paschkis
  • You Can Fly: The Tuskegee Airmen by Carole Boston Weatherford, illustrations by Jeffery Boston Weatherford
I hope you'll come back again to see what new poem I've cobbled together. You can find other poems I've written this month at the links below.

April 1 
April 2
April 3
April 4

This week, Poetry Friday is hosted by Irene Latham at Live Your Poem. I hope you'll take the time to check out all things poetic being shared today.

9 comments:

  1. I'm really enjoying your book spine poems! I tried one today, too--pulled half the books off the shelf but had fun with the process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your spine poems, definitely a cut above. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you have a large collection of books to be able to cobble together these magical poems. I have seen butterflies "step gently out" "Flutter and hum" and fly. I love the magic of this poem, and the others are so fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful, Tricia, I have "Step Gently Out" and those words fit so wonderfully, as do the others!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tricia, your choice of books spines meld together so seamlessly, they belong on the same page!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tricia, your book spine poem is an absolute beauty! An exceptional weaving of titles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every single one of these is fantastic! You have a talent for building these poem-y stacks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great project, Tricia! Your spine poems are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am adoring your spine poems, Tricia!

    ReplyDelete