Thursday, May 15, 2008

Checking In - And Yes, I'm Still Here!

Sorry I've been silent this week, but it's been very busy since graduation on Sunday. Here's what I've been doing.
  • Monday - faculty meeting, department meeting, strategic planning meeting/training
  • Tuesday - strategic planning meeting, human subjects review board meeting
  • Wednesday - department retreat, grants meeting
As you can see, I've been drowning in a mire of administrative work. Today, however, I had the distinct pleasure of serving on a team that reviewed nominees for Virginia's Presidential Awards for Excellence in Mathematics and Science in the area of elementary (K-6) science. I can't tell you how inspiring it was to read about and watch exemplary teachers at work. It was a long day, but well worth every minute.

Tomorrow it's back to the office and a more regular schedule. Thanks for checking in!

No comments:

Post a Comment