Friday, May 16, 2008

Meme of Five

I've seen this meme around lots of blogs in the last two weeks. I'll admit to feeling a bit left out around midweek when I hadn't been tagged yet. Yes, I was swamped with work, so what better time to wade in the mire of procrastination? I shouldn't have worried, however, because Elaine made sure I was included in the fun. Hang on because here we go!
  1. The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.
  2. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
  3. At the end of the post, the player then tags five people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read the player’s blog.
  4. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.

As per my prerogative, I'm going to change a few of these rules/questions.

What were you doing one year ago?
Last year at this time I was just beginning my trip to China, Tibet and Taiwan. It makes me very sad to see all that has happened in Tibet and China since then. I can happily relate that nearly one year after meeting Ma Ying-jeou, he will be sworn in as President of Taiwan on May 20th.

What are five things on your to-do list for today (not in any particular order)?

  1. Write a thank you note.
  2. Rehearse the songs for mass on Sunday.
  3. Take my son and his friend out to dinner.
  4. Laundry.
  5. Read today's poetry Friday entries.

What are five snacks you enjoy?

  1. Chips, chips, chips (Lots of salt, no flavors)
  2. Cashews
  3. Olives
  4. Cheese and crackers
  5. Dried fruit (especially apricots and dates)

What five things would you do if you were a billionaire?

  1. Fly to see my family as often as I want or am needed.
  2. Send all my nieces and nephews to college without student loans.
  3. Travel extensively with William so he can learn about the world through more than just books.
  4. Supply books for kids and families that can't afford their own.
  5. Keep working, because I love what I do, though my department would never lack for anything.
What are five of your bad habits/traits?
  1. I am stubborn, stubborn, stubborn.
  2. I must always be right. (No, really.)
  3. I drink milk from the gallon when no one is looking.
  4. I like my music LOUD--in the car, the kitchen, my headphones, you name it.
  5. I stick my tongue out at my husband when he annoys me. This annoys him, but makes me feel oh so much better.

What are five places where you have lived? (I've included places I lived while in college.)

  1. Rochester, NY
  2. New London, CT
  3. StonyBrook, NY
  4. Buffalo, NY
  5. Richmond, VA

What are five jobs you've had?

  1. Marine Science Research Assistant (I sat in a darkened room in front of an electron microscope and counted red tide cells for hours on end.)
  2. Waitress (StonyBrook Catering, Andriko's Place (Flushing, NY), Miss Buffalo/Niagara Clipper)
  3. Factory Worker (I assembled physics equipment, like circuit boards, Van de Graaff generators, and more.)
  4. Quality Control (I tested dog biscuits for fat content. This was a job where I spent 8-hours a day doing organic chemistry. Very cool.)
  5. Teacher - In all of its various forms, still my best job EVER!
I'm not tagging anyone else. If you are reading this and haven't participated yet, why not?

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking part in the meme, Tricia. It's hard to believe so much time has passed since your trip to China. It's been nearly fourteen years since I traveled there.

    I'm glad you like the poetry book you won from Wild Rose Reader.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sticking out your tongue at your husband :)

    ReplyDelete