Wednesday, April 15, 2020

NPM 2020 - The Castle

I have mixed feelings about castles. I love to see them from the outside, admire the architecture and  design, wander the grounds and gardens. However, once inside I find I'm disturbed, even disenchanted, by the opulence.

Neuschwanstein Castle, Bavaria, Germany
June 1990

Walt's inspiration
this schloss upon a hillside
Disney's can't compare

Poem ©Tricia Stohr-Hunt, 2020. All rights reserved.

That's it for today. I hope you'll join me again tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I had that experience shortly after moving to the UK. After the first year of poking around in castles, I started preferring to just stay outside and see the grounds... when it wasn't deluging down. You've seen one hall full of crossed swords/guns/flags/animal heads, you've seen 'em all...

    ReplyDelete