Sunday, April 19, 2020

NPM 2020 - Rooftops

In 2007 I traveled with faculty colleagues to Taiwan, China, and Tibet. The trip was life-changing. I met so many kind people, saw so many incredible historical places, and had experiences I won't forget. Even in some of the grandest places, my eyes were drawn to features and minor details that can  sometimes be overlooked.
The Forbidden City, Beijing, China
May, 2007

all over China
my eyes were drawn
to rooftops
but no more-so than in
the Forbidden City
the golden eaves
the dragons
all declared
this space was not for
ordinary people

Poem ©Tricia Stohr-Hunt, 2020. All rights reserved.

That's it for today. I hope you'll join me again tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I love the detailing on temples - so, so beautiful, and the tiniest fin or scale, perfected because of a god being in the details. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete