Friday, April 11, 2008

Poetry Stretch Results - April Inspired Image

This week's challenge was to write a poem in response to this image.
This photograph was taken by lijojohnson and is protected under a Creative Commons license.

Here's what folks are sharing this week.
Diane Davis shares a poem entitled Living Graffiti.

Elaine at Wild Rose Reader shares a few quick poems.

Rae over at Rae's Ramblings shares a poem entitled Soldier on, beetle. Welcome, Rae!

sister AE at Having Writ give us a poem entitled Armor.
Here is my response to this image. Now if only I could talk to the animals.
What do your colors say?
If you were black and white,
would I want to pet you like a dog?
If you were red and black,
would I relish holding you in my palm?
But green and blue?
Are you warning me of danger?
Will you sting or bite?
Are you telling me you taste bad?
Should I find another meal?
Are you shamelessly announcing,
your lothario ways?
Before you go,
won't you share your secret?
It's not too late if you still want to play. Leave me a comment about your poem and I'll add it to the list.

2 comments:

  1. I'm a bit late to the party this week, but please add mine:

    http://havingwrit.blogspot.com/2008/04/armor.html

    I can't wait to read the others!

    ReplyDelete