Wednesday, August 19, 2020

#MTBoSBLaugust - Digital Shut the Box

Have you every played Shut the Box? When my son was young, we used to eat at a little hole-in-the-wall restaurant/bar for breakfast. There was a Shut the Box game behind the bar and the owner would hand it to us when we walked in so we could play while we waited for our food. 

Eventually, I made a portable version that fit in my purse. I took small poker chips and wrote the numbers 1-10 on them. I stuck them in a snack size baggie with two dice and we had a game we could play any time, anywhere.

I also made a paper and pencil version for use in class. We laminated some of these and placed additional copies inside sheet protectors for reuse.

If you would like a copy, you can download a PDF.

Kids really enjoy this game, so I've created a digital version too.



If you want to try this with your students, you can download a copy.

That's it for day 19 of #MTBoSBlaugust. I hope you'll come back tomorrow to see what else I have to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment