Saturday, August 01, 2020

#MTBoSBlaugust - So Much to Share

If you're new here and visiting because of #MTBoSBlaugust, welcome. 

I have been blogging here since November of 2006, so close to 14 years now. I am a teacher educator at the University of Richmond who focuses on preparing future elementary teachers in the areas of math and science (social studies too). In recent years this blog has focused on poetry and children's literature, but math and science are never far from my mind.  Here's a math poem I wrote last year.


During the 19-20 academic year I was on sabbatical in a Title I school working with second grade, where I spent a great deal of time creating math games and other resources for my kids. When school closed and we transitioned to virtual learning, I began to create activities using Google Slides and Drawings. My plan this month is to share some of my experiences and the resources I have created.

In the meantime, there are a few posts you might want to check out while you are here.
Thanks for visiting. I hope you'll come back this month to check out the resources I'll be sharing.

1 comment:

  1. I'm excited to read more of your blog as I have been helping my neighbor kids this summer! Thank you for joining in with Blaugust!

    ReplyDelete