Friday, June 05, 2009

48 Hour Book Challenge - Caving In to Peer Pressure

I swore I wasn't going to do it this year. My first year participating (2007) I had just returned from China and was exhausted. I did get a few books read, but not nearly as many as I'd hoped. Last year I never got out of my pajamas on Saturday, but still didn't match the output of some folks. I don't know how some of those speed readers did it!

Given that I was away from home for quite a while recently, I didn't feel right asking to spend a whole weekend reading. However, I have given in to the need to read. I probably won't reach the hours I put in last year (18?), but I'm certainly going to have fun reading what's on my pile. Here's what I have.
I'll be posting updates throughout the weekend once I start reading. This year I'll be donating $2 for every hour I read to . . .
Flying Horse Farms

Okay, I'm off to make dinner and get my life in order so I can begin the challenge. More later.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Tricia. Flying Horse Farms. Thank you. Emily's hit a rough patch this last week--fluid buildup in her lung---and I'm so afraid it will cancel her camp week or delay it. She deserves to go and I'm praying for her to be well enough. In any case, thanks for your continued support and happy reading!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great pile, Tricia. And this year, it's all about time, rather than output. I'll be spending tomorrow reading in my pajamas, and look forward to it. I can't believe that your China trip was a whole year ago, though. Time is flying by!

    ReplyDelete