Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Finding Mistakes - Horrid Henry Has a Doozy!

I know that errors in books are often common. These things do happen. This one was found last night by my son, and given that it's one of my pet peeves as an educator, I had to share it. You can find it in Horrid Henry Tricks the Tooth Fairy (p. 88).
"YOU HORRID BOY! GO STRAIGHT TO THE PRINCIPAL--NOW!" screeched Mr. Nerdon.
Perfect Peter jumped to his feet.
"But. . . but--" spluttered Perfect Peter.
"Now!" screamed Mr. Nerdon. "How dare you! To the principle!"
"AAAGGGHHHH," shrieked Peter.
He slunk off to the principal's office, weeping.
Told you it was a doozy. I'm rather proud of my 8-year old for catching it. Let's hope it gets fixed in the next print run.

P.S. - Mistake aside, he is enjoying the books in this series. I can hear him giggling while he reads and he often stops to say, "Mom, you've got to hear this!"

5 comments:

  1. Wow, that took me a while to find. Kudos to your son!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It took me a while too! I'll let the editor know to correct it in the next print run. Thank him for catching this for us!

    -Paul Samuelson
    Sourcebooks, Inc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Things like that bug me, too. Kudos to your son for catching it.


    Steph
    http://starkravingbibliophile.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This kind of thing always FREAKS ME OUT. I haven't taken a chance on giving my book a read-through since it's been published because I feel like I'll probably have a heart attack if I find something.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaargh!
    Tricia, PROMISE ME if you see something like that in any book of mine, you will SKY WRITE IT so I can tell copyediting.

    Oh, yikes.

    Man, William already has a good eye!

    ReplyDelete