Sunday, April 21, 2024

NPM 2024 - Book Spine Poem 21

For National Poetry Month this year, I am perusing my bookshelves and building book spine poems.


Firefly July

Marshmallow clouds
enchanted air
Yellow umbrella
one white sail
Ice cream summer
lemonade sun
Summer beat
see me run!

Poem ©Tricia Stohr-Hunt, 2024. All rights reserved.

Sources
  • Firefly July: A Year of Very Short Poems, selected by Paul B. Janeczko, illustrated by Melissa Sweet
  • Marshmallow Clouds: Two Poets at Play Among Figures of Speech by Ted Kooser and Connie Wanek, illustrations by Richard Jones
  • Enchanted Air: Two Cultures, Two Wings: A Memoir by Margarita Engle
  • Yellow Umbrella by Jae Soo Liu
  • One White Sail by S.T. Garne, pictures by Lisa Etre
  • Ice Cream Summer by Peter Sís
  • Lemonade Sun and Other Poems by Rebecca Kai Dotlich, illustrations by Jan Spivey Gilchrist
  • Summer Beat by Besty Franco, illustrations by Charlotte Middleton
  • See Me Run by Paul Meisel
I hope you'll come back again to see what new poem I've cobbled together. You can find all the poems I've written this month on the Book Spine Poems page

No comments:

Post a Comment