Monday, May 07, 2007

Awash in Paper

Good Morning Friends!
My apologies for not writing recently, but I am drowning in final projects, portfolios, exams and papers. As soon as my grading is done (please pray it will be soon), I'll be back. I promise.

While you're here, let me remind you that I leave in 8 short days for Taiwan, China and Tibet. It will take nearly 24 hours to get to Taipei, given that we are flying a route that takes us from Richmond to Chicago to Tokyo to Taipei. We leave at 9:30 am on May 15 and arrive in Taipei at 9:58 pm on May 16. So, my first post from Taipei will probably the evening of May 17th. (Don't forget I'll be 12 hours ahead of EST). Our first day will be spent at NCCU, where we will begin with a lesson on Chinese calligraphy. While at the University we will meet with faculty members in our respective specialties, attend a lecture on Taiwan politics and visit the Election Center. Later in the afternoon we will tour the Mao Kong district and be treated to a tea tasting. Our first day will end with a visit to Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall for an evening performance by a percussionist troupe at the National Theatre. WOW!

I hope you'll join me here as I share my experiences. I will return on June 3rd, just in time to join in MotherReader's Second Annual 48-Hour Book Challenge, if I can manage to stay awake! I promised MR that I would contribute a prize for this little shindig, so I will be bringing something back from my whirlwind tour. I don't know what it will be yet, but I can assure you that even though it will be small enough to fit in my suitcase, it will definitely be something fabulous!

That's all for now. I'll be back when grades are posted. I'm sure you'll hear me singing when that time arrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment