Friday, November 06, 2009

Three Years and Counting - Happy Birthdy TMRE!

It's hard to believe, but The Miss Rumphius Effect is three years old today. I started blogging in November of 2006 because I wanted to launch a practicum blog with my students during the spring of 2007. Before I asked them to do this, I was convinced I needed to model the practice myself. I'm not particularly proud of those first few posts, as they aren't really focused, but it didn't take me long to find my footing. Three years later, I'm still reading, still writing, and so very blessed by all the friends I've made in this amazing community.

In the spirit of celebration, grab yourself a cupcake and dive into a few of my favorite posts from the last year.
  • Things I've Done - Okay, this has nothing to do with books, it's just a list of 100 things with highlights for those I've actually done. Here's the funny thing about reading this list now. I noticed that 80 (Published a book) is not highlighted. I guess I decided my dissertation didn't count.
  • Gifts for Readers and Writers - I love buying gifts for others, and this list I put together last winter still offers many great ideas for the readers and writers in your life.
  • Why I Love Opening a Book - The title says it all. And yes, I did love the book.
  • Old, New and Everything In Between - What Should Children Read? - This question gets asked and answered a lot in the kidlitosphere. Here's my take on it.
  • Low-Brow Topics That Make For High-Brow Reading - This thematic book list is by far the most frequented on the blog. It features the word poop 13 times. Need I say more?
  • How Do I Love Thee Letter D? - Another post about me (vanity, I know), with every entry related to the letter d.
  • Poetry Makers Series - There's absolutely no way I could pick a favorite poet from this bunch, so you'll just have to peruse the interviews for yourself. Can I just say how awesome all these folks are?
Thanks for sticking with me all this time. I hope to see you back here again very soon.

16 comments:

  1. Tricia,

    Happy Third Blog Birthday! So glad you decided to blog about children's literature. I love The Miss Rumphius Effect. You know I'm a frequent visitor--even if I don't always leave a comment when I stop by for children's literature news and poetry stretches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Blog birthday, Tricia! I start most of my mornings with a visit to your blog. I look forward to many more years of your blogging to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy blogoversary, Tricia! Thanks for sharing poetry, books, and, most of all, yourself, over the past three years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love TMRE. Thank you so much for all your consistently enlightening, informative, well written posts.

    Happy Blog Birthday, Tricia!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy blog birthday, Tricia! Let's celebrate when you get back to town.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy blogoversary! And thanks fo sharing your thoughts on children's literature and poetry with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a nice spot on the I'net, Tricia. I'm glad you started The Miss Rumphius Effect. What an apt title, too, as you sew your recommendations along the trail.

    Happy blog anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Third Blog Birthday! I love reading your posts especially the poetry challenges. Have a fabulous day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. And I'm going to give you a really special gift -- I WON'T sing Happy Birthday to you! Because it would be painful for both of us.

    Congratulations for an ever thoughtful and uniquely focused blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Blog Birthday, Tricia! I am surprised that your blog is so young, in as much as yours was one of the blogs I started reading around Dec of 2006, and you seemed so grown up, blog wise!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Keep up the amazing work!

    Thanks,
    jim

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy blog birthday, Tricia. Wishing you many more!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Onward! Hooray for TMRE!

    ReplyDelete