Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Gorgeous Endpapers

Today at Shelftalker, Allison Morris shares some gorgeous endpapers. Check them out at Endpapers on Parade. After sharing a number of examples she asks, "Have you seen any great endpapers in the recent or more distant past? If so, tell us what books we should open to find them."

I'm quite fond of the endpapers from Velma Gratch & the Way Cool Butterfly, which are pictured in the article. Other recent favorites include A River of Words: The Story of William Carlos Williams, largely because I love the Williams' poems written across the pages. I also like the endpapers for Astronaut Handbook, which picture different rockets blasting off into space. (Both of these are Cybils nonfiction picture book nominees, by the way!)

I'm sure this is a cost issue, but I'm always sad when I open a new book to find just plain endpapers. I love them decorated. How about you? Do you like "fancy" endpapers? If so, what are some of your favorites?

1 comment:

  1. I love, love, love great end papers. Even when they're just a blast of a single gorgeous colour.

    Two of my off the head favourites are the end papers of Oh No Not Ghosts! and, of course, An Egg is Quiet

    I have added scanning of our own favourites to my very long JOMB ToDo list.

    Thanks for this link and the suggestion!

    ReplyDelete