Friday, November 07, 2008

Poetry Stretch Results - Odd Cinquain

A cinquain is a poem with five lines in the syllable pattern of 2/4/6/8/2. We've turned the cinquain on its head this week and instead wrote using an odd number of syllables, creating poems in the pattern 1/3/5/7/1. Here what has been shared so far.
cloudscome at a wrung sponge give us a poem and a picture.

TadMack at Finding Wonderland left her poem in the comments. It is below.
    Gift:
    Opened hands,
    Held out and holding;
    Pull you close, the wide world shrinks.
    Linked.
Laura Purdie Salas wrote hers as part of her weekly 15 Words or Less challenge. It is called Blown Away. (Be sure to scroll down the page to find it.)

Allison at The Unnamed Forest shares a poem inspired by a trusty office supply.
I was thinking fall this week. My poem is below.
Walk
with me through
colored woods, strewn with
acorns and crunchy, wrinkled
leaves.

Time
well spent, just
us alone. With hands
clasped tight, our souls are filled with
joy.
It's not too late if you still want to play. Leave me a comment about your poem and I'll add it to the list.

3 comments:

  1. These are really great! There is something about the first and last lines of one beat that really knocks it open.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tricia,

    I wanted to participate in your poetry stretch this week--but my schedule has been really busy of late. I attended two children's literature festivals in the past two weekends and made all the arrangements for the reading council dinner we held on November 5th. At the dinner, we had a panel discussion with three children's authors and illustrators: Matt Tavares, Wade Zahares, and Daniel J. Mahoney. It was great--and just as much fun as our panel discussion last fall with the Blue Rose Girls.

    I was so consumed by the presidential campaign--that I didn't do much blogging. And I must get back into my poetry-writing groove again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading your poetry stretches every week. I have yet to participate, but the more I read, the stronger my desire grows. I'm hoping to jump in with you all next week.

    ReplyDelete