Friday, November 14, 2008

Poetry Stretch Results - Ekphrastic Poems

The challenge this week was to write a poem inspired by the Franz Marc painting entitled Tiger.
The work of art depicted in this image and the reproduction thereof are in the public domain worldwide. The reproduction is part of a collection of reproductions compiled by The Yorck Project. The compilation copyright is held by Zenodot Verlagsgesellschaft mbH and licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.
Here are the results.
Tiel Aisha Ansari at Knocking From Inside shares a poem entitled Franz Marc's "Tiger."

Tiel also wrote a sestina (just before the challenge was issued) called Cat Views. It works nicely too!

Lirone at Words That Sing shares a poem entitled Tigress.
Since I couldn't get Blake's poem out of my mind, this was a difficult challenge for me. I'm cheating a bit and sharing an acrostic of the word ambush, the name for a group of tigers, that I wrote some time ago.
Animal, animal burning bright
Moving swiftly in the night
Blur of shapes in leaves and grass
Unique stripes that hide its mass
Silent steps so strong and steady
Hunter strong is at the ready
It's not too late if you still want to play. Leave me a note about your poem and I'll add it to the list.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, forgot to link to my poem inspired by this picture...

    tigress

    Lirone

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh, I LOVE Franz Marc.
    Just created and taught an art appreciation class to a group of 3rd graders about Marc.

    Thanks for the picture.
    I'll let you know if I get a poem out today... I am inspired!

    ReplyDelete