Saturday, November 08, 2008

NYT Best Ilustrated Children's Books 2008

The New York Times list of Best Illustrated Children's Books for 2008 is out. Here's some info about the list.

Every year since 1952, the Book Review has asked a panel of judges to select from among the several thousand children’s books published that year.

The judges this time around were Caroline Ward, the coordinator of youth services at the Ferguson Library in Stamford, Conn., who has served as president of the Association for Library Service to Children; Luann Toth, the managing editor of the School Library Journal’s book review; and Christopher Myers, an award-winning writer and artist who is at work on a book about America with his father, Walter Dean Myers.

Before you click over there, take a minute or two to list your favorites and see how many of your choices made the list. Once you've viewed the books, come back and tell me how you did. I had a paltry three of ten titles.
Best Illustrated Children's Books 2008

P.S. - There are several Cybils nominees on the list. Can you find them?

5 comments:

  1. Ooooh...there are some gorgeous books on this list, some that I definitely need to check out. Like you, only two of my picks were on the list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tricia-
    I've been lurking for a while and just wanted to say hello. I'm also a middle school teacher, but for Henrico County. Just wanted to let you know that I appreciate your posts!

    Alycia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure which is worse, that I only guessed two or that I only have read three, or that I only knew of four.

    I've got some reading to do.

    Thanks for the link to the slideshow. I didn't know about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully done, such an exciting range of techniques. Great stuff.

    Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete